Friday, January 20, 2012

PCFC: Glitter Bomb

Hi lovelies!

Todays Purple Crumpet Fairy Challenge was Glitter Bomb, as chosen by Abby.

I have a good number of glitter polishes, but I could not settle on anything.  So I decided to go with a "kind of' glitter bomb.  Or maybe it can still be considered a full out glitter bomb?  I'll let you guys decide ;)


I started out with a base of OPI - Mermaids Tears, with an accent of Revlon - Angelic, which is a gorgeous shimmery baby pink.  Then for my accent I covered it with Color Club - Fame & Fortune, which is a pink jelly polish filled with shredded holographic glitter.  I then added a diagonal strip of Color Club - Candy Cane, and added Color Club - It's a Hit on the corner of my nail.


For the remainder of my nails I used a nail art striping brush and added diagonal lines of several glitter polish.  In order from the middle of my nail (the first strip) to the corner I used Color Club - Holiday Slendor, OPI - Gone Gonzo, Color Club - Wish Upon a Rock-Star, NOPI - Gone Wishin' and OPI - Gettin' Miss Piggy With It.



And this is what my right hand looks like.  I really didn't have the patience to do all of the strips with my non-dominant hand so I cheated a bit.  The accent is the same as above, but for the rest of my nails I put a layer of Sally Hansen xtreme wear - In the Spotlight, which is holo bar glitter, then OPI - Fresh Frog of Bel Air, and topped it off with Wet 'n Wild - Tangled in my Web.
Phew.

So what do you all think, can I call this a glitter bomb even though half of my nails aren't glittery? :)

Thanks for having a look!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Fab, and definitely bomb enough for me!
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I thought it was bomb enough too, I'm glad you agree, lol

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely a glitter bomb! So sparkly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it a glitter grenade ? lol. I like it - its really tasteful xxx

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)