Tuesday, May 29, 2012

POTTERthon: HP and the Chamber of Secrets

Hi all!

Are you ready for day two of the POTTERthon series?

The second book of the series was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  There was a lot I could have done to represent this book - but I kept this one simple.



In this book, Harry hears a strange voice, finds out he can speak Parseltongue, and several students are found petrified.  The strange voice is a basilisk that's housed in the Chamber of Secrets, and the serpent that petrified the students.

So I decided to base my mani.  I painted the face on my index finger, and the remainder of them are basically just the serpent's body.  This was done using crackle and 'sponged' on with saran wrap - the texture is amazing!  On my thumb I painted the sword which Harry used to kill it

Like this series?  Don't forget to see what the other girls did today for Book Two:

10 comments:

  1. oh Julie I like this! the overall effect is amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love the "sponge" and the sword is so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing texture! I never would have thought of it. This is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! The sword is great, I attemped one and failed :( Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are perfect for the book! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I like this one! Hehe this is a fun series to see!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)