Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Nautical Nails

Happy Humpday!

These are nails I've been wanting to try out for a while now, seeing as my darling fiancĂ© (I don't know if I'll ever get used to saying that) is a sailor for the Canadian Navy.  He's currently at sea for the week, so before his ship left the harbour I sent him a picture of my nails with a cute little note :P


I kept these simple enough, but a quick google search will yield amazing nautical nails that are floating around the blogosphere! 
 I started with a base of GOSH - Silver, then using small strips of tape I added a coat of Essie - Bobbing for Baubles on top of the silver to create the navy stripes.


For the accent I just used one coat of Bobbing for Baubles (such an amazing, opaque, navy creme polish with an equally amazing formula!), and using a striping brush I drew on the anchor using the silver polish.
 

And to add a little cute touch, I used a medium sized dotting tool and China Glaze's Hey Sailor and added the little red hearts on the tip of my nails! 


Gosh - Silver
Essie - Bobbing for Baubles
China Glaze - Hey Sailor

Have you tried nautical nails?  Leave a link in the comment so I can check them out :)


10 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I haven't tried nautical nails before but I absolutely love your design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I couldn't stop looking down at my nails :)

      Delete
  2. Julie, this is so cute and your fiance must have loved it! I think it's a weird word to say and I hate saying it actually...I'd rather refer to him by name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way, I really don't like the actual word 'fiance'. It's just so strange to me, not entirely sure why either!

      Thanks, he did love it, but he's my biggest fan when it comes to my nails :)

      Delete
  3. These are really cute! The anchor and little hearts are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I should stop posting them on IG before the actual blog post, you get all the spoilers hehe :P

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty!!! :D I love sailor manis! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. You have been nominated for the Liebster Award! You can see what its about over here:
    http://secretarysnailart.blogspot.no/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I've been wanting to try nautical nails since I got my China Glaze First Mate and Hey Sailor polishes. I love how yours turned out!

    (By the way, I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award on my blog)

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)