Monday, October 15, 2012

Essie - Stylenomics "Skittles"

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a good weekend :)



For this mani, I started with a base of Essie Stylenomics.  This polish is a super blacked out green but really.. just looks black on the nail.  I stamped the little birds with Essie Blue Rhapsody using one of the new Bundle Monster plates.


On my ring finger I have Orly Mermaid Tail and Spazmatic (I love these glitters so much!), and on my middle finger I added a stripe of Finger Paints flakies in the middle, lined it with a So Easy glitter striper, then added loose holographic hex glitters on each side :)

This was super fun, and now that I've finally bought Elmer's Glue I'll be sporting the glitters a lot more often!  It's so much fun :D

Thanks for reading!

13 comments:

  1. This mani is so cute!! I really love the colors you included, especially the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having so much fun with glitter lately :) Thanks hun!

      Delete
  2. Love the black teamed with silver birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to use this image for EVER! I'm really happy with how it turned out :)

      Delete
  3. Well, it's good to know that Stylenomics might as well be black... I probs won't get it, then, and I've been eyeing it a bit. I do love black polish, but it looks like such a great shade of green in the bottle. I love the art you put over it, though. The glitters and flakies look so cool side by side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :( I really wish it pulled more green than what it does. Pshiit had a mini comparison post here: http://pshiiit.com/2012/09/19/essie-stylenomics-vert-noir/, against black it looks a bit more green but on it's own.. eh, I couldn't really tell the difference.

      Thanks for the sweet comment :)

      Delete
  4. I love it! What a fun and different mani, and I love that stamp of the birds! So darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I know, I love that stamp and had been dying to use it. Thanks love!

      Delete
  5. This looks awesome, Julie! I love the look of the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yessss! Elmer's Glue!! It seriously makes you so fearless when it comes to glitter! Everytime I put glitter on now I'm like,"Bring it on bitches!"

    I love the little birdies! I seriously have to get over my fear of The Stamp and try out a whole new world of nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Stamp all the things!! I got really frustrated with it at first but once I found GOOD stamping polish it got so much easier. Obviously.

      And seriously, I'm loving this elmer's glue method.. and in some sick way I love popping off my polish as well. It's almost satisfying haha. I find it does chip faster though.

      Delete
    2. It doesn't last very long on me because I wash my hands a lot...3 days at the most.

      Delete

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)